Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Between the many realms of matter

 For over a decade, I chased visions of a future life. I didn't want to watch adventure movies, I sought adventures. I didn't want to read about brainy problem solvers. I wanted to become one. I befriended authors, journalists, and humanitarian juggernauts. Now moving into my forties, I can't help but wonder what might be a better use of my time these days. Spend children with my kids. Have a great marriage. Be a good husband. Ignore all those insecure folks trying to show how smart they are. Just be alive and in touch. It seems like a better way these days.

I went to a concert last night and it was beautiful. Did everything go perfectly? Absolutely not. Was it better than stressing about some startup, publication, or certification? 10,000 times yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment